1-lb Venison Steak
1 Large Onion, sliced
2 Bell Peppers (Red,Yellow or both)
4 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
For the Marinade:
½ cup of Fresh Cilantro
1/2 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded
1 tsp of Ground Cumin
1 tsp of Chili Powder
Juice of One Lime
1 Clove of Garlic, peeled
2 Scallions, trimmed
1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Salsa or Guacamole
1) Slice the Venison Steak very thinly (1/8 to ¼” thick) on a diagonal and place it in a large zip lock bag, set aside.
2) In a food processor or a blender or using hand held emersion blender, puree together all of the marinade ingredients till you have a smooth mixture. Pour the marinade ingredients in the zip lock bag with the steak and mix to make sure the steak slices are fully coated in the marinade. Marinade in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
3) In a large cast iron skillet preheating over medium high heat, add the 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil and let it get nice and hot, add the peppers and onion and season with salt and pepper, cook the peppers and onion for 4 to 5 minutes.
4) To cook the Venison steak, take the marinated steak out of the fridge for 15 minutes before cooking.
5) In a large cast iron skillet, add 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil and preheat it over high heat, add half of the steak slices, and cook stirring constantly over very high heat until the venison is cooked.
6) Serve immediately with the cooked peppers and onion in warm tortillas and the toppings of your choice.