In attendance: Scott Scharfenberg, Jewel Rivera, Dave Henning, Cheryl Teichmiller, Heather Shanahan, Tammy Lefeber, brad Teichmiller, Chris Sayles, Dale Dobbratz, Boy and Chris Hoey, Mike and Rachel Schneider, Mike Arrowood, Shawn Kaiser, Ron Lueck, Gary Hettenhaus, Aaron Schneider
To date, we have 78 members. $2051.00 is banked, so far. Bill Everson is our club attorney.
A VP plow has been donated along with a 2006 Chevy 2500.
Right now, we have two donated Canadian fishing trips to raffle off. We will have a members only raffle for one trip. Board to continue to discuss when to have the raffle.
Bowe Sturgeon Spear Raffle is being held at 3 Sheets right now. The spear is a $250 value. Tickets are being sold at $5 a piece or 5 for $20. Date of when drawing will be is to be determined.
Our club was in the Wisconsin Outdoor News magazine. Newspaper was brought to meeting to share with members.
We continue to look for businesses who would be interested in donating discounts to members only.
Fishing Has No Boundaries is taking out 6 people. Our club will be helping them out by cutting holes and use of shantee’s. They will have a tent set up at Pete Mingles w/ music, food and refreshments.
Club volunteers will start cutting holes this Thursday. And will continue Friday and Saturday morning. Possibly Sunday, if someone needs them. Cost will be $15 per hole and all proceeds go to the club. Will need atleast two volunteers. Cutting will not be done during sturgeon spearing.
Club is looking for Trustee’s to help with duties of the club (sell memberships, run errands, calling winners, help with events). A sign up sheet will be available after meeting.
Steve and Scott will be checking the ice tomorrow to see if a road can be set up yet. The last they heard, there was open water near light house. The club wants atleast 14” for safety measures.
Dave Henning voted in as Treasurer by club members.
Foot of the Lake Fishing Club
Meeting Minutes 02/07/2015
Cheryl Teichmiller spoke to club about hosting a Golf Memorial Outing sometime in August. The club has the potential to earn up to $3000 in proceeds. They are looking for donations to raffle off. Club will look into buying and speaking with local businesses for donations. It’ll be 9 holes. $45 per person, which will include: 2 drinks, golf and golf cart. They will have a brat fry and will have volunteers bring dishes to pass. There will be challenges at each hole to win a prize along with other small games to win prizes.
Mike Arrowod from Winnebago Conservation Alliance was a guest speaker today. He spoke of what the Alliance does for the waters of Wisconsin. The Alliance has been around since 1964. Their meetings are held the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7pm at the Van Dyne Sportsmens Club.
- Four Wardens now share the responsibility of Lake Winnebago
- Wildlife biologist and fish biologist always attend their meetings
- Political officials have attended in the past
- Dues are $25 per year
- They are the hosts of the annual sportsmens rummage sale at the fairgrounds each year which is how they obtain most of their funding
- They work on the disabled fishing spots at the lake.
- They place good, live trees in the waters/lagoons to attract fish on the shores. They use live trees because they can live up to 50 years in the water
- They prefer to have two delegates from each fishing club to attend their monthly meetings
- They have 46 different locations for trolling. They’re always looking for fish counters. Its an experience that everyone should try atleast once.
Next Meeting: 03/07/2015