Party on Poygan Fact Sheet
Party on Poygan is being held on Saturday 1-24-15 out of the Winneconne, WI area. Hours run from 6am to 3pm with fish being weighed in at Critters/Woodeyes bait and bar in the city of Winneconne. Eligible bodies of water include Lake Poygan, Lake Butte des Mortes and Lake Winneconne. Tickets (per fish) are $25, and must be purchased prior to Saturday at 7 am.
Full rules are listed below:
ICE FISHING CONTEST RULES
1. The Tournament is scheduled for January 24, 2015 from 6:00 am until 3:00 pm on Lake Poygan, Lake Winneconne and Lake Butte Des Morts. FISH MUST BE CAUGHT FROM THE 6:00 am – 3:00 pm on January 25, 2014. Boundaries for The Party on Poygan include all of the upper lakes from the mouth of the Rat River down to the 41 Bridge on Lake Butte Des Morts. The Party On Poygan weigh in is held at the archery range inside of Critter’s Wolf River Sports and Woodeye’s Bar and Grill.
2. All contestants must abide by State of Wisconsin DNR rules and regulations. Any contestant over the age of 16 years old must hold a valid Wisconsin fishing license.
3. The Contest is open to anyone over the age of 5 and must be able to land their own fish under their own will without the aid of an adult.
4. Fish must be caught on Lake Poygan, Lake Winneconne or Lake Butte Des Morts from 6:00 am until 3:00 pm. Any fish not caught on these lakes or in the time frame listed is disqualified from the contest.
5. All fish must be registered by 4:00 pm on January 24, 2015. Scales will close at exactly 4:00 pm. Any contestant who has not weighed in their fish by 4:00 pm will forfeit their right to weigh a fish. Weigh your fish in early to avoid any lines!
6. Should inclement weather or ice conditions cause cancellation on January 24, 2015, a random drawing will be held on the evening of January 24, 2015. All tickets that were purchased will be placed into a drum and drawn randomly in succession from first place winnings to the last.
7. All Contestants MUST weigh in their OWN fish. Prizes will be determined and announced at 6:00pm, Winners need not be present.
8. The entry fee for the tournament is $25.00 per ticket or 5 tickets for $100.00. NO refunds will be given for any reason. Tickets will be available starting January 9th at Critters Wolf River Sports and Woodeye’s Bar and Grill, Winneconne. Ticket sales close at 7am the day of the event.
9. Only one fish can be registered per ticket. Contestants may register as many fish as the legal daily bag limit allows as long as the contestant has purchased a ticket for each fish being registered.
10. Only the following fish may be registered for the ice fishing contest: Bluegill, crappie, perch, white bass, walleye and channel catfish (the exception is for contestants who have purchased a separate Northern Pike Only Contest that is explained in the rules for that contest separately)
11. Contestants are responsible for verification of weight of fish at time of weigh-in and must sign the weigh-in slip in order to be eligible for any prize.
12. Cash prizes will be determined by the weight of a single registered fish. In the case of a duplicate weight, the contestant weighing the fish at the earliest time will hold the top place for that weight. (example…lets say 2 fish were brought in and they both weighed 2.43 lbs and in this example it was for 24th and 25th place. The fish that was brought in first would hold 24th place and the fish that was weighed in second would take 25th place and would win the cash prize.)
13. The contest Committee shall have the right to verify that fish were legally caught. All decisions of the committee are final. Cash prize winners of $1,000 or over may be required to take polygraph exams as part of the contest requirements. In the event deception is detected his/her prize will go to the next place.
14. All cash prizes will handed out to the winners January 24, 2015 after announcement. ID and social security number may be required to claim cash prizes. All unclaimed prizes will remain the property of Party on Poygan. Contestants are responsible for any taxes that may be incurred. All prizes must be claimed by January 31, 2015.
15. Failure to comply with any contest rules subjects contestants to disqualification and removal from the competition site, as determined by contest officials. Right to refuse to sell or revoke a competition ticket to anyone is hereby reserved.
16. All contestants and other bystanders consent to the use of any photographs or likeness of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, or television, etc.
17. All prize amounts are based off the sale of 450 fishing tickets. Prize amounts will be adjusted accordingly if the ticket sales do not reach or exceed 450.
Big Pike Contest Rules
You do not need to purchase a fishing contest ticket to enter the Big Pike Contest. You may fish both.
1. Contestants must catch all fish legally and abide by all state and
2. Only one fish can be registered per purchased Pike Contest ticket.
3. Tickets can be bought starting January 9, 2015 and ending at 7:00 am the day of the contest.
4. Northern Pike must be a minimum length of 26”. If a fish is brought in that is less than 26”, the contestant will be disqualified and may be held liable for all legal penalties for violation of state laws.
5. Fish must be caught on Lake Poygan, Lake Winneconne or Lake Butte Des Morts.
6. There will be one winner of $1000 for the fish with the heaviest weight. In case of a tie, the longest length of the fish will determine the tie breaker.
7. FISH MUST BE CAUGHT FROM 6:00 am – 3:00 pm ON JANUARY 24, 2015.
8. All fish must be registered by 4:00 pm. Scales close at exactly 4:00 pm. No fish will be weighed in after the scales close.
9. All contestants MUST be present to win.